Freitag, 22. März 2013

Rinse 02: Mixed by Skream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rinse FM was one of the biggest pirate radio stations in London until it received a community FM broadcast licence in June 2010. Somewhere around 5 years ago I came across some Rinse FM CDs. I listened to Rinse 02 and Rinse 03, and Rinse 03 was nowhere near to Rinse 02, which was mixed by the Artist Skream who was back then for me completely unknown.  After listening to this Rinse 02 Mix I realised that this was outstanding! Ok, I listened to this first in my car, and although I was firstly amazed by the huge amount of deep bass this new music contained, and I never heared Dubstep before, it became my favourite Dubstep CD for a long time and not only because of the bass.

 Listen to it and judge for yourself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More Parts can be found on Youtube, unfortunately there is no complete version:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe one year later I heared a brilliant remix of La Roux's "In for the Kill".  Here's the original version by La Roux


I liked the whole album which appeared in 2009. Their single "Bulletproof" reached #1 in the UK Charts and was an international success. Nevertheless listen to this marvellous remix by Skream, that gave this song so much more "darkness" and "depth".
Skream puts a nice amount of reverb on Eleanor Jacksons voice, which creates auditory spaciousness and gives this song a very special atmosphere. If I had to pick one particular song or remix by Skream, which I like most, "In for the Kill" would be my first choice.





3 Kommentare:

  1. the first track doesn't touche me at all, but the remix of la roux is really a good work. spherical drum'n'bass and still slow. i'll definitely put that one into my playlist.

    greetz ju

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey! Thx for your reply! The first track is just a small bit of the whole set. Listening to the whole one would definitly give you a better image of the whole. Anyway, if you like that remix, you might also like Skream & Example - Shot Yourself In The Foot Again

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. sure, yw ;) thought i need to be the first one to comment your blog. think i have something for your blog, gonna send it via fb these days.
    i've just listened to the whole, still doesn't touch me that much. it's a bit too slow/dark/whatever to me.
    i know that track "Shot Yourself In The Foot Again" and like it, if you like it too take a look at Modestep e.g. Sunlight - funny video and also with vocals in the foreground.

    AntwortenLöschen