Donnerstag, 21. März 2013

Disclosure - Latch

Ok, this song is not new. I heared this one the first time in England in autumn 2012, but anyway Disclosure, the brothers Guy and Howard Lawrence from Surrey, did a great piece of music with this "Hit" and reached #11 in the UK Singles Dance Charts. 

My first contact with house music was probably "Call on me" by the swedish DJ and producer Eric Prydz. A couple of songs, that had a quite similar style followed by other DJs in the early and mid-2000s were nice too, but my love for house music was over already before the next decade.
During my three months stay in England I found "Latch" in the single dance charts on BBCs website and I immediately fell in love with this song! Probably it's just my personal opinion, but this song is full of emotion and that is also the message that the official video suggests. Beside of the music and the video, Sam Smiths voice is doing a great job here too, to create an atmosphere of freshly falling in love. The composition of sound and images is supporting my thesis of falling in love for the first time. None of the people seen in the video seems to know each other really well. It's the first contact on a party or somewhere else. The facial expression and the eye contact is connected with deep emotions and love for each other.

I saw the video first on youtube, so it's hard to tell, if the video or the music is mainly responsible for my impression, but anyway, Disclosure opened my ears again towards house music.

I was looking up for more songs by Disclosure. Their new single "White Noise" is even more successful, but it doesn't reach the intensity of "Latch".

Keep your ears open for this amazing duo!

Further information: http://disclosureofficial.com/


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen